Safety of all students is our number one priority. We are responsible for the welfare of the children from the time they come to school in the morning until they return home in the afternoon. Because of this, a number of policies and procedures have been established to ensure the safety of all children. In addition to fire drills and bus drills, other rules of interest to parents include:
- Children are not allowed to leave the school during the day without the express written permission of the parent or guardian, and only with a responsible adult known to the child.
- Supervision is not provided before or after school. In order to ensure their safety students must not arrive prior to 8:45 AM. If your child is driven to and from school, it is most important that the rides be on time in order to ensure safety for each student.
- Please allow your child to walk from the office to their classroom without your escort. Our secretaries will take care of delivering any snacks or items to the teachers after they have been screened by the school nurse.
- If you are visiting or volunteering at school, you must present your picture ID, sign in at the counter, and receive a badge.
In order to be certain that all of our children are safe, we need to be sure that parents and students are aware of the sign-in and sign-out procedures. Any parent visiting the school for any reason must:
- Have an appointment made in advance with the classroom teacher.
- Sign-in at the main office and check-in with the secretary.
- Take a Visitor’s Badge.
DO NOT go directly to your child’s classroom without permission from the office.
We ask that parents do this every time that they visit the school. We cannot ensure safety of the children unless this procedure is followed by everyone every time. If you are asking yourself- “I wonder if I have to sign.” – The answer is YES.
Due to many children having allergies, snacks and treats for classes are to be dropped off at the office. Parents are not allowed to take snacks to the classrooms.
PARENT/GUARDIAN EATING LUNCH WITH THEIR CHILD
To help foster our relationship with families and provide a secure environment for all students we have created an area for parent(s)/guardian(s) to eat lunch with their child. If you would like to eat lunch with your child at school, please follow the below procedure:
- Call the main office in advance; one day is appreciated.
- Upon arrival please follow sign-in procedures.
- The secretary will assist you and your child to our dining area for visitors.
- Student and parent are permitted to eat in the classroom with teacher’s prior approval.
SIGN OUT PROCEDURE
If a student has to leave school for any reason before the end of the day, we need a note from the parent or a phone call made in advance of the departing time. The parent must also sign the sign-out book in the main office before a student may leave the building.
EARLY RELEASE OF STUDENTS
Teachers are NOT authorized to release students to parents who come to the classroom.
All students taken from the building during the regular school day must be signed out at the school office. We highly encourage parents to schedule students’ doctor’s appointments AFTER school or during vacations as much as possible. When students leave school early, they miss out on valuable instructional time and can fall behind academically.